10 Tips on How to Be a Successful Husband
Dress up for your wife, look clean and smell good.When was the last time us men went shopping for designer pajamas? Just like
the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Rasul Allah
- sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would always start with Miswak when returning home and always loved the sweetest smells.
2. Use the cutest names for your wife. Rasul Allah - sal Allahu
alayhi wa sallam - had nicknames for his wives, ones that they loved. Call your wife by the most beloved names to her, and
avoid using names that hurt their feelings.
3. Don't treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly
in our daily lives until it 'bugs' us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day - which brings no attention from the husband
- until she does something to 'bug' him. Don't treat her like this; recognize all the good that she does and focus on that.
4. If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do
not comment! This is one of the ways Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - used when he would see something inappropriate
from his wives - radi Allahu 'anhunn. It's a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.
5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her and embrace her
often. Smiling is Sadaqah and your wife is not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her constantly seeing you smiling.
Remember also those Ahadith when Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would kiss his wife before leaving for Salah,
even if he was fasting.
6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her
again! Take for example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home, and a dozen other tasks to prepare. And
sometimes the only acknowledgement she receives is that there needed to be more salt in the soup. Don't let that be; thank
7. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her
that made her happy. Then go and do them again. It may be hard to recognize what gives your wife pleasure. You don't have
to play a guessing game, ask her and work on repeating those times in your life.
8. Don't belittle her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes the
men may look down upon the requests of their wives. Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam set the example for us in an
incident when Safiyyah - radi Allahu 'anha - was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow camel. He wiped her
tears, comforted her, and brought her the camel.
9. Be humorous and Play games with your wife. Look at how
Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - would race his wife Aisha - radi Allahu 'anha - in the desert. When was the last
time we did something like that?
10. Always remember the words of Allah's Messenger - sal Allahu
alayhi wa sallam: "The best of you are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my family."
Try to be the best!
In conclusion: Never forget to make Dua to Allah - azza wa
jall - to make your marriage successful. And Allah ta'ala knows best !!